– United Methodist Men (UMM)
UMM was first organized in 1955 by Mr. Bob Efird, but the group discontinued after Mr. Efird passed. The group was reorganized in the 1980’s and meet once per month to eat dinner and fellowship. The United Methodist men have various projects throughout the year, most recently raising money for The Children’s Home in Winston-Salem, NC.
– United Methodist Women (UMW)
UMW was first organized as The Women’s Missionary Society of South Main Methodist Church in 1917. Through the years, the name of this organization has changed.
– 1917 – Women’s Missionary Society
– 1918 – Women’s Missionary Auxiliary
– 1919 – Women’s Missionary Society
– 1936 – Women’s Society of Christian Service
– 1974 – Current – United Methodist Women (UMW)
The purpose of the United Methodist Women is to know God and to experience freedom as a whole person through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative, supportive fellowship and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministry of the church.
– Coburn Outreach Volunteers (COV)
COV was organized in 2014 to support the need of various community agencies such as the Pregnancy Support Center and the Battered Women Shelter.
The Rowan County One Church One Child Program is a mission/outreach program between Rowan County Department of Social Services and local churches that is designed to make a difference in the lives of children and families by:
- Identifying and supporting families in congregations who are interested in becoming foster and/or adoptive parents.
- Helping to meet the needs of children and families served by Rowan County Department of Social Services Children’s Services Division.
- Supporting foster parents and relatives who care for Rowan County’s children in foster care.
- Educating church members about the needs of Rowan County children and families who need support and assistance.
Rowan Helping Ministries is a continuation of Rowan Cooperative Christian Ministry, a ministry begun in 1967 by several of Salisbury’s downtown churches. Their programs include: the Overnight Shelter, Soup Kitchen, Clothing Center, Food Pantry, Crisis Assistance Network, Transitional Housing Programs, Rowan Helping Ministries-West, and New Tomorrows.